Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 31, 2016 The Case Continues - Who is Taylor Madison? - Can a Pseudonym Be Stolen?




Last Night: A Short StoryLast Night a Quick Read

Getting to Ethan’s apartment, Mia repeatedly rang the doorbell, while nervously looking over her shoulder. She was scared that someone would attack her from behind. She does not know if it was just her nerves, but she thought she was being watched. “Mia, I was expecting you a bit later.” Ethan said as he answered the door, inviting her in. It was only once she was inside,,,, that Ethan like one would hold a scared child. “The phones were tapped.” Mia said bursting out in tears, the stress of the past 24hours becoming...

“Then when I phoned Jayden earlier today, he heard a clicking sound across the phone line, and said that someone was listening in to our conversation. So when I got home this afternoon, my whole apartment looked turned upside down, and everything in her apartment was destroyed. I know they were looking for the evidence, they knew that I had it.” Mia very close to tears...

“Did they find the evidence?” Ethan asked worriedly, hoping that they did not lose the evidence. “No, they didn’t find it; I had it safely with me.” Mia said opening the locket around her neck and handing the memory card to Ethan.
~~~


I just read this short by...Taylor Madison... The writing is not the work of the author of Blaine, in my opinion. Although that book was published and the author might have received editing assistance, it is nowhere close to the quality of writing in this short story.

Obviously the book was not edited, nor was it correctly formatted for Kindle. The sentences run continuously, breaking off to continue onto another line. The "potential" paragraph lines cannot clearly be shown...the entire story reads, mostly, as one long paragraph...

But that was minor compared to the writing...The story is trite, lacking in substance.  The word, evidence, for instance, is used repeatedly and yet the readers never have a clue about what that evidence is. 

Neither of the characters are identified except by names. You must assume that one of the males, is an officer from some branch of the government...

The villain is the syndicate...that's it, you have no idea what the criminal is involved with, nor who they represent...

The personal feelings of the female character are thrown in inappropriately as it related to the "business" being conducted. This apparently is an attempt at a touch of romance but it failed horribly...if I was to assume anything from the book, I'd say that the male was using the woman in a supposedly dangerous situation, although readers have no idea why.

The action of the female between an attacker, who is not identified, is fairly decent action...but by that time, it's too late...

These are the main highlights of the issues with this Short Story; I could continue... But, I'll just say, this is definitely not recommended by me, even though I highly recommended Blaine. I don't know who wrote this short, but I'd bet on it it wasn't the same author...Just my personal opinion, of course.

I think I'll be keeping my copy of Blaine after all...I think that author's pseudonymn was stolen...


GABixlerReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment