Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pilot Season of Buddy: Tech Detective - A Pre-school Age Children's Movie...

(For preschool-aged children) - An exciting whodunit that follows super-sleuth Buddy, his incredibly organized best friend Trudy, the funny furry ferret Ferdo and you, the smarty-pants viewer! You help choose and use the technologies for Buddy and his team to gather evidence, follow cues and crack the case.

Pilot Season on Amazon...





I'm participating in the evaluation of videos for children...a very important, perhaps, addition to our electronic world of today and the future.

The first point that struck me was that there was a very short intro to the use of a GPS...But instead of explaining what was happening, a tech gadget was thrown up in illustration... It seemed to me that some type of statement, such as "this gadget will help us find Ferdo--it's called a GPS--or something like that was needed...

This video was fun but not as educational as it could have been. The second point that struck me was that one particular color identification did not match the actual creature in the video...
That is, the color green was used to paint the ferret so that the final match was an unreal sample...Shouldn't we be explaining why the ferret was painted in green? Or use a potential real color especially since the ferret in the video is brownish? My opinion, yes! My opinion, yes!





I did find a little woodland ferret dressed in green, but that didn't count, in my opinion...
And I did find a toy alligator as a play toy for ferrets, but that kinda proved my point, right?

Then I found a site that proved my thoughts correct, so I think that if you're going to be comparing colors, it should be a realistic true situation, don't you...

The overall video was enjoyable, but, finally, threw in a personal pet peeve of mine...that is, making it funny when an individual falls...This happened often because the spills of paint caused somebody to fall over and over... Is it really funny when somebody falls, even though there's one tv show on which it happens over and over? 

A child learns most of their basic conditioning factors within their early, formative years. I would not support this video for pre-school age children...

Shows pics of ferrets in all normal colors...
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?articleid=2109


No comments:

Post a Comment