Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whodunit Just The Beginning...To Complete Novel???

Who Writes 

Richard Castle 

Books?



A Brewing Storm:
  A Derrick Storm Short

By Richard Castle



I love the Castle show on TV and had been watching some of the earlier shows missed before I learned of the program. I don't know why but I didn't think about who the author was behind the series...until recently...
Then I searched Amazon and found books written by the author...but they had no reference to the TV show...

Next to Google...first listing was a blog by Jeannie Ruesch, author, where I found a very interesting article (Click on title "Who"). I don't believe in reinventing the wheel, so I took her word for it that nobody knows, for sure, who the author is...

But that only made me wonder about  my own question after I had finished reading A Brewing Storm:A Derrick Storm Short... Two issues left me hanging, wondering...

Is it fair to claim a "short" when it is actually the lead-in to to an upcoming book? You all know that I hate to be left hanging...well, not quite as much as a book serial can do, but, still, leaving an unsatisfied feeling for the reader...

Do you like the whodunit's who finish with "Here's what happens..." I don't really, unless it is Monk who I give a little leeway to because of his personality, LOL... This latter ending I could have handled if I hadn't then discovered that I'd paid for a story that was not complete, in my opinion. Other reviewers have given it the lowest rating; I won't do that but it still disturbed me that paying for a part of a book, really means that you will have paid twice for a book that could have been available later...that is, if you buy it...

The short story stands on its own, in that the kidnapping of the stepson of a powerful Senator was solved...

At least who had the money that was demanded was
discovered and jailed.

Derrick Storm, I liked, I think...

Since I've not read any of the novels surrounding this character, I know only what was in this short.

Derrick Storm is dead...to the world...

He actually resigned from the CIA and was living the good life out in Montana, when his former boss contacted him and asked that he come to help in his important case.

Storm wasn't impressed that it was a kidnapping, which was something he would not normally deal with. Indeed the FBI was already working the case, but the Senator was not satisfied with the agent, even though Storm discovered most of what he needed to solve the case from her, and then did his own research within the CIA files...

So here's the deal: I enjoyed the short and would recommend...at least up to the point when I was told, by Storm, the character that his boss knew more...that was after the Senator had been murdered...

If you like to read previews of books, then I can highly recommend this will get you "hungry..." But, I'm not going to buy the "meal"...just because... So you decide...


GABixlerReviews

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment