Thursday, December 27, 2012

Be Very Careful of "Being Christian"

WATCH YOURSELF PAL^ BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY OR...
WATCH YOURSELF PAL^ BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY OR WRITE - NARA - 516058 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



Being Christian

By K. C. Boyd


I was asked to read  and review this book. I hesitated, given the book description and indicated that I would be looking at it closely. They decided to send it...

Whoever named this book did a great job in trying to solicit interest in "being Christian" simply by naming the main character Christian so that the writer was able to claim just about anything and still not be...liable...?

If you are a member of just about any minority or even majority related to religion, sexuality, race...you will be negatively discussed in this novel to prove a point that some people hate you.

Didn't we already know that?

I really tried to finish this book because I felt I needed to know how much garbage could be packed into one story...so I skimmed to the ending...Yikes!

Getting into the end chapters got to be too much for me, however. Let me be very clear, this Christian reviewer does NOT support War or anything in this book!

Using an abused boy from a low-income hateful family environment as a lead character of an individual who became an evangelist is so repugnant and discouraging...The problems that are occurring in the United States are at a crisis stage, especially with violence. Making light of it via dark humor, satire, or whatever this book is will do nothing to help reduce murder, human trafficking, child abuse, pedophilia et.al. What a waste of energy...

Except to get book sales from those who will claim this novel is revealing, timely...enlightening??? Come on!

This book slams everybody, nearly every religion, and every act of violence and hate and places it all on the shoulders of this young abused boy... Everything that has even been wrong, it seems, lays on those who are willingly following a certain type of religion. Do you really think those "individuals" could have that much power? (Only when they are "used" by those who do have power...)

Oh, if that were only true... because criminals and every other hating individual can point their fingers and use it to continue or expand what they are doing.

So that boy could represent what the author claims to have personally found through his own investigation and saw that it was leading the country in "mixing State and end-times Christianity."

IF you are a Christian, you already recognize that there have been individual failures for a number of Christian pastors in reality...as well as many other people who do not profess any religion...

IF you are a Christian, you also recognize that what goes on is not what Christ taught. When has it ever as it relates to hate, war...?

But what is worse, using every possible "sin" to place on one individual, with, I gather, the intent to have him representative of the stereotypical "Christian, right-wing, that is" can only be considered disgusting, as it would for any other "groups" that are named herein...

Or is it? I don't profess, as this author did, to conduct any type of personal research, but I am fairly well read, fairly intelligent...and old enough to have interacted with many individuals of different races, religions and sexual preferences for well over 35 years on a large university campus... And, believe me, nothing in this book has me "following blindly"...

This book COULD have been a significant work in pointing out those who embrace fanaticism, or put greed of power above all... I was hoping because many writers are using fiction these days to share their thoughts on how the world can be helped.

Instead, every bit of hate, violence, and crime has been tossed together...

Instead, every crime, situation or single examples of one man's failure has been merged into a satire of a family so extreme that it lacks any sense of being able to be read as a credible statement. I found nothing redeemable because it is not funny to me to point out prejudice, hate and malice, and illustratively show it as coming from one group of any type...

I am a Christian and I do not accept anything that is presented in this book as being representative of my beliefs.

I do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexuality, or...religion...

These are not words that will help "show the light" to liberals as some are saying. This is nothing but hate, malicious hate that in no way demonstrates God's love and guidance, whether you believe in God or not.

I do not normally read or review books that are discriminatory. But this one deserves speaking out against it, no matter how well written it may or may not be.

If you read it and disagree with me...feel free to comment and debate my review. I'd be happy to get specific! Yes, this review is based totally on personal opinion, which I always try NOT to do. It is the first book that I will say that this is purely personal opinion. I admit that. But then, this author obviously has come to certain personal opinions that...are...just...not...true...

And if they are, how did this book help, except by promulgating this type of slander? Your choice...but be very careful...


GABixlerReviews


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment