Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The First To Say No - Not Just Another Thriller...

Governor Patrick signs an Act Relative to Assa...
Governor Patrick signs an Act Relative to Assault and Battery on Health Care Providers. (Photo credit: Office of Governor Patrick)
I just received this letter from Charles C. Anderson, M.D. along with his book...

I have read just 3 or 4 pages of the book and I wanted people to know about It ASAP... Look for my Review Soon!


Dear Ms. Bixler:

While this book is a thriller, it has a chilling message for America that is not fictional. Healthcare workers are much more likely to be assaulted than police officers. In a country that has far too few healthcare workers to meet the boomer generation, legislators, hospitals, policemen, and government agencies must not continue to drive away the very people we need to attract...

The patients you will read about in this book are not fabrications of my mind. In almost every case I was their doctor in the emergency department. I did not choose the same course as the two female doctors in this book, and I do not advocate that option, but I have experienced their anguish, their desperation, and their desire for justice...

After 38 years in the ED, I am convinced that light needs to be shined on the causes of patient violence toward healthcare workers as well as why policies must be changed. You can further this cause...

Sincerely,

Charles C. Anderson, M.D.

Just in reading what I have, I've learned that women who are raped by drugged up or drunk patients cannot file for legal action!!!!!

Because that drugged up or drunk patient is...a Patient!

WHAT?!!!!!

I already know that I'm going to tell women this is a must-read...Check It Out...Like, Now...
While I mark up this...thriller that is NOT just another thriller...


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: