Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Heavenly Highlight! Author Lisa Gardner! On Creepy Crawling Things...

Carpenter BeeImage via Wikipedia
Say Goodbye
If you are the least bit squeamish about bugs and spiders, I recommend you stay away from Lisa Gardner's Say Goodbye! Myself, I'm reading it...very slowly...LOL

A number of women who are "in the business" are missing from the streets in Georgia and at least one State investigator has noticed. But when a young woman is taken into the jail, she immediately claims she is an informant for FBI Special Agent Kimberly Quincy and refuses to talk to anybody else.

But Quincy doesn't know her...

And before long she realizes that she never should have allowed herself to be dragged into the game that apparently is being played...

Because somewhere in a lonely house there is a collector--his latest acquisition is a tarantula that's about 10 inches across and is known for its aggression...

So...if there is a serial killer around the area and at least 10 women have been taken, then why haven't any bodies been found?

By the way, did you know that all spiders are exclusively carnivorous?

Actually this is a great book, if you can get past the creepy, crawly feelings that will visit you throughout your reading...

~~~

Ah yes, hairy little critters!

You know, since I've moved into my log cabin, I have become quite used to all types of critters...Of course, I have my wonderful cat friends to keep me company...

In fact, I had my first cup of tea on my front porch while they ate this morning...of course, there were also small tiny flyarounds that are not so wonderful! In case you've never heard of carpenter bees, you'll really never been near a forest or logs for any length of time, have you?  I hadn't until I moved here! Check out the above picture of a carpenter bee looking out at you from their new home...

Actually, they are quite harmless to humans not like their distant relatives, bumble bees who also come to visit my flower and plants quite often...

Carpenter bees are practically impossible to get rid of. They bore holes into the logs and are wonderful worker bees...yes, they twirl around all around you as they work--they even mate in the air... Geesh! After a few years, I've learned that you just walk through them and "most" of them move out of your way, although there is always some that come flying right at you!

Here's an interesting article of someone who tried to get rid of them (click below)...proves my point, The cure is worse than the bees...so why not just learn to live with them....

Spiders are live-in companions for those who take up residence in a wooded area.  "Most" of them no longer bother me...unless I'm reading this book by Lisa Gardner--there is no way you cannot get itchy and make sure none are around you as you sit or sleep...

Read any good, "chilling" books, lately?








Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment