Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Beautiful Spring Day for St. Patrick!

Father Murphy walks into a pub in Donegal, and asks the first man he meets, 'Do you want to go to heaven?'
The man said, 'I do, Father...'
The priest said, 'Then stand over there against the wall.'
Then the priest asked the second man, 'Do you want to go to heaven?'
'Certainly, Father,' the man replied.
'Then stand over there against the wall,' said the priest.
Then Father Murphy walked up to O'Toole and asked, 'Do you want to go to heaven?'
O'Toole said, 'No, I don't Father.'
The priest said, 'I don't believe this. You mean to tell me that when you die you don't want to go to heaven?'
O'Toole said, 'Oh, when I die, yes. I thought you were getting a group together to go right now.'
!!!


I believe my inside cats also had a bad case of Cabin Fever as well...

This morning I opened the door to see all the wonderful sunshine and immediately had cats at my feet wanting to go out...

Out first was Beauty, a brown, black and white long hair, who has such a gentle and loving nature. She was followed by Rascal, who just came to live at the Cabin this past fall. He is an all-black long hair who does everything possible to live up to his name! Including waking me every morning, whether I want to be awake or not!

But surprise, surprise, those cats ran out immediately, even though breakfast had been served! Beauty and Rascal were last seen climbing trees and chasing each other.

Striper, a multi-color gray short hair was also anxious to go out, but went out only to immediately want back in...and then she stayed inside 5 minutes and wanted back in. She is an older cat, who is not quite over having kittens, none of which made it.

Ricki thankfully watched all of them leave and went back to her 3 new kittens...two gray and one black...can't tell whether any will be long hair, but Ricki is my beautiful long haired black female with just a tinge of white at her throat...

Keithie, who got the name before I knew whether she was a boy or girl, is also pregnant and won't move from the floor in the kitchen... hopefully, she will have hers soon.

And then there is Angel...she's been living above ground so to speak for this long winter. You see, within my log cabin, I have a cathedral ceiling with logs running across from one wall to another. Angel is a one-woman cat, but when she can't be with me, she takes to the high ground so that most of her time has been spent on top of my china closet. Finally, she saw sunshine yesterday and promptly jumped to the floor and went to the door to be let out...so I worried all night...you know,

when one cat has strayed off...

No comments:

Post a Comment