Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jesus is Not in the Official Scrabble Dictionary

There I was, taking a break with an online game of Scrabble...my first move was going to be lots of points...I put in J to get a double letter on 8...and then I spelled out J-e-s-u-s and submitted my word...

And I was politely told that Jesus was not in the official Scrabble Dictionary...

I tried Jesu...

Sorry...

Surely Jesus is more than a proper name, I thought...Surely, Jesus would symbolize the Christian faith...or be listed as a great religious leader, no matter what religion...Nope!

Somehow, I couldn't proceed with that game...

Did I want to play anything where I couldn't say the word Jesus?

What is it with this world today?  You can hear lots of words that you never wanted to ever hear anywhere...and it will be said on tv, on the radio, in books, magazines...

I can read or hear those words...if I must...why can't others hear the name of Jesus?

I got an email recently where television leaders were considering not allowing "Touched by an Angel" on tv because they said the word God...

Don't you think God is chuckling just a little because this world has become so afraid that they will no longer tolerate freedom of speech...

For that is what is happening...

I have always been open to reading alternative views, no matter my beliefs.  Reading or hearing from another who does not believe as I do, does not demand that I change my beliefs or agree with what I read/hear...

How has this world come...no, specifically, how has the United States come to be so narrow-minded, fearful and ignorant, that it will no longer tolerate what a large majority is interested in? 

Myself, I find it mighty sad and discouraging...and wonder how those few who are intolerant have come to carry so much weight in decision-making...

So... Scrabble does not include Jesus in their official dictionary...that's ok, I can always stop playing Scrabble...and Jesus will still be around!  Thank God!

2 comments:

  1. Amen Amen.
    Jesus my savior, died that I can live, I know my dreams of Heaven will be granted , a place where I will be free. Unbelief IS a game of scrabble that Unbelievers will lose, but I will never be hungry or thirsty, My God takes good care off me. HE sent his SON, and His will be done.  I'll be with Him, when my work in this world is done. Praise Jesus name, I call HIM Wonderful, and give thanks to God.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate what is hapening. Our father will have the last word anyway so will just say I LOVE JESUS and would shout it to the world if I could. Hooray for you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete